What is lacto fermentation?
Lacto refers to lactic acid. All fruits and vegetables have beneficial bacteria such as Lactobacillus on the surface. In an anaerobic (oxygen-free) environment, these bacteria convert sugars into lactic acid, which inhibits harmful bacteria and acts as a preservative, resulting in a “Tonic” with lots of live, beneficial probiotic bacteria.
How do I take Fire Cider?
- Therapeutic dosage (Ideal) – Immune Booster or flu preventer – would be 1 x 5-10ml straight up shots, followed by a chaser if needed. 1 – 3 times daily.
- Reflux/Indigestion – 5-10ml before each meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Candida/gut dysbiosis – 2 x 15ml shots for 7 days, then a therapeutic dose can be maintained
- As a salad dressing – 10 – 15ml for the people not brave enough to sip on fire
- Sore throats and sinus, use as a tea – Breathe in the steam as you sip to relieve congestion
- Children – it’s best to serve a small amount mixed in freshly-pressed orange juice or lemonade
Will each Fire Cider taste the same?
No. Each batch is handmade and although similar they will vary. Made with only natural organic ingredients and a whole bunch of LOVE.
Why is there stuff floating around – or at the bottom of my Fire Cider?
Whaaaaatttt??? Just joking! This is the important stuff people – the elixir if I may, the cloudy and somewhat cobweb-like structure that you may see in raw ACV is endearingly referred to as the mother, because of its life-giving properties.
How long is each Original Fire Cider macerated for?
6 – 8 weeks. The gold edition: 10 weeks